Top Gastroenterologists in NYC
A gastroenterologist is a doctor who specializes in diseases of the digestive tract and has received extensive training in treating these conditions. They most often see patients who are referred by primary care doctors or internists but are also sometimes the first point of contact for patients with digestive disorders.
Why Should You See a Gastroenterologist?
If you have a common digestive disease that’s easily treated and isn’t likely to reoccur, you may be able to receive treatment from a primary care doctor. However, if the disease or your symptoms are ongoing, you’ll want to be under the care of a gastroenterologist.
The following are some common reasons to see a gastroenterologist:
- Difficulty swallowing
- Chronic heartburn
- Food coming back up after you swallow
- Severe diarrhea
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) – a collection of symptoms that can include abdominal pain, cramping, bloating, diarrhea, and constipation
- Crohn’s disease – a chronic inflammatory intestinal disease
- Ulcerative colitis – a disease characterized by inflammation in the large intestine
- Hepatitis – inflammation of the liver
- Pancreatitis – inflammation of the pancreas
- Esophageal cancer
- Routine colonoscopies – a test that checks the inside of your colon for polyps
that may turn into cancer
Where Can You Find the Top Gastroenterologists in NYC?
A slew of wonderful gastroenterologists based in New York City perform their procedures at Gramercy Park Digestive Disease Center (GPDDC) in Manhattan. Our physicians serve patients throughout the New York City metro area and beyond in our state-certified, state-of-the-art Ambulatory Surgery Center.
GPDDC is dedicated to providing high-quality services with compassionate, personalized care. Our doctors are highly qualified, having served their residencies and fellowships at top hospitals. Many speak several languages, so GPDDC patients who are more comfortable speaking a language other than English will be able to communicate freely. Many also have had research published in medical journals and are members of relevant professional organizations.
To make an appointment with one of the top gastroenterologists in NYC, contact GPDDC today at 212-979-3237.